On 8/9/2013 9:38 AM, Terry Brown wrote:
On Fri, 09 Aug 2013 08:37:16 -0400
Jacob Peck <gatesph...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello Leonistas,

So, in my groggy hours this morning, an idea struck me.  Many (myself
included) use Leo as a PIM.  I, for one, use workbook.leo, synced with a
cloud sync platform, to keep my info updated across all my workstations.
There's a light weight solution to this already, for storing things
like passwords (i.e. I use it to store all the passwords / account
info. I'm not going to remember).  Docs. below.  This is a simple one
node body encryption, not a whole tree encryption like you're
suggesting.
Thanks for this info. That code will certainly be helpful when I implement this.
Because the decrypted text only exists in the popup window, it
shouldn't be written to disk at any time, unless the app. gets swapped.

Your scheme would be better, but I wouldn't enter the key on the
command line, too easy to forget to clear history afterwards, also,
clearing history is a pain.  So prompt the user for it instead.
That's a very *very* good point. Since Leo is graphical by nature, it shouldn't be too much hassle to pop open a password dialog after the load.

I suppose there limits the usability of the leoBridge on an encrypted outline, however. I'll have to think about that one...

-->Jake