On Thu, 19 Sep 2013 15:19:06 -0700 (PDT)
"Edward K. Ream" <edream...@gmail.com> wrote:

> There are two reasons why Leo is unlikely ever to be a web app.

By web app. you mean in-browser app., I'm assuming.

> 1. There are somewhere around a million lines of Python code in Leo's core
> and plugins.  Thus, a *solid* python in javascript system is required.
> This isn't likely to happen.

because often web app. refers to a browser front end to an app. running
on a server, in any language.  E.g. running in C-python and using
leobridge.

> 2. Creating a Leo outline widget is extremely complex.  Even starting with
> a working javascript outliner, one has to deal with events (commands)
> coming from Leo scripts rather than from the user.

Good point.  I would really like to get back to the leo web interface I
was working on, but just can't at the moment.  The task I started on
Monday hoping it would take 20 minutes has eaten 3+ days so far - at
least I've verified the DB backup works :-/

I'd got to the point where node insertions / moves in browser A were
relayed to browser B by the server (running firefox and chrome at the
same time works well to test these setups, although I think both have
multiple distinct instance modes).  Hopefully things that create /
remove / move multiple nodes could be handled in a similar way, hooking
c.redraw() maybe.

Cheers -Terry