On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 9:18 PM, Terry Brown <terry_n_br...@yahoo.com>wrote:

the proposed change wouldn't interact with
the

inheritance issues

The OP's proposal was to move '@edit', for

example, from v.h to v.u['_attr'] or something like that, and render

the node with an icon to show its @editness, rather than in the

headline text.

Thanks for the summary.  I don't much like it.  Yes, it is cute, but the
present way is easily seen (by older eyes, like mine) and easily extensible
by plugins or scripts.  The problems with icons are a) they have to exist
and b) they aren't as clear as text when there are lots of them.

I won't reject such a change out of hand, but I don't encourage it. And any
patch had better be compatible with the (complex) code that handles
directives.  In other words, even if there is an @edit icon, Leo must
always support @edit in headlines.