On Sat, Oct 5, 2013 at 3:19 AM, Fidel N <fidelpe...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Just reviewed it, looks great. About the part "Leo doesnt create the
> settings file automatically", why cant we make Leo check if the mysettings
> file exists, and if not, just create one? or at least, do it so when user
> clicks on help-myleosettings, if it doesnt exist, it will give a warning
> and create it?

There would be a smallish problem with doing that.

At present, Leo looks in various places for myLeoSettings.leo at startup  I
forget the search order (it's in a table somewhere) and it usually doesn't
matter because there would (presumably) be only one copy of
myLeoSettings.leo.  But if Leo created myLeoSettings.leo automatically,
then to use one of the *other* locations for myLeoSettings.leo, one would
have to delete ~/myLeoSettings.leo first.

Yes, this really is a small problem, and it does seem reasonable for to Leo
create

myLeoSettings.leo in the users home directory.  Please feel free to file a
wishlist bug.