>>@edward: The value of the 3-part organization is that quite a few people
might use Leo as a PIM, or to write documents, without being programmers.

Hi there,

I am one of those apparently rare freaks. I've been using Leo for several
years now for all but programming. Yes, it has been a pain to struggle with
installations but rewarding as I'm organizing my life with Leo.

On the first level below root node I list every important aspect of my life
(health, family, business 1, business 2, research,...) in the form of
longer term goals I want to achieve. Then I refine these goals to more fine
grained and shorter term ones until I reach activities I plan to do next in
each aspect of my life. Then I clone these "next to-do" planned activities
from each aspect area to a special "view node" - called "actual
activities". This way I manage to look at all my projects in life two ways:
1. theoretical, atemporal way in the context of a specific project and 2.
situated, practical way in the context what can I do now (these days). So,
*clones
are* equally *awesome* for "top-down" use (the "literate" part of "literate
programming") as they are for you, programmers, when debugging or else.

I have been using Leo also for writing especially in early phase when
conceptualizing longer document. The "Extract" function (Ctrl+Shift+D) also
helped me a lot for analyzing otherwise poor readable flat documents.

Cheers, Vili

Disclaimer: I do have o good friend of mine, who is a programmer and
informed me about the existence of Leo, helped sometimes with installation
and served as "a backup" in my mind if I needed to ask something...