In the previous version, I had no problem writing unicode files (I'm in
ubuntu 12.04, utf-8 everywhere). I did a bzr pull for the latest version of
leo and now I'm getting :
UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character

I must have overwritten something but not sure what: everything in my
leosettings files is utf-8, and my ubuntu is utf-8.

Any thoughts?

error message:

exception writing external files
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/data2/Soft/leo-editor/trunk3/leo/core/leoFileCommands.py", line
2034, in writeAllAtFileNodesHelper
    c.atFileCommands.writeAll()
  File "/data2/Soft/leo-editor/trunk3/leo/core/leoAtFile.py", line 3240, in
writeAll
    self.writeAllHelper(p,force,toString,writeAtFileNodesFlag,writtenFiles)
  File "/data2/Soft/leo-editor/trunk3/leo/core/leoAtFile.py", line 3325, in
writeAllHelper
    at.writeOneAtShadowNode(p,toString=toString,force=force or pathChanged)
  File "/data2/Soft/leo-editor/trunk3/leo/core/leoAtFile.py", line 3551, in
writeOneAtShadowNode
    at.replaceFileWithString(private_fn,at.private_s)
  File "/data2/Soft/leo-editor/trunk3/leo/core/leoAtFile.py", line 5197, in
replaceFileWithString
    f.write(s)
UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xe9' in
position 129: ordinal not in range(128)