On Mon, 4 Nov 2013 00:52:28 -0800 (PST)
"Edward K. Ream" <edream...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Saturday, April 14, 2012 11:43:31 AM UTC-5, SegundoBob wrote
> >I much prefer to almost always use Leo-editor in a full-screen
> >window.
> [snip]
> >doing a save does not help with my problem.
>
> It works for me on both Ubuntu 13.10 and Windows 7.
>
> The workaround would be to add --fullscreen to the script that starts
> Leo.
>
> Edward

Yes. On my setup, launchLeo.py isn't permissioned to execute, and
also it's not on my path, so I just made a shellscript on my path to
execute "python /d/bats/leodist/Leo-4.11-b1/launchLeo.py".

I'll tell you a little secret that will make Linux and Windows people
hate me: I **love** apps, like Leo, that install in a single tree.
No .so. No .dll. No having to put it on the path. Complete removal is
an rm -rf. I would assume I could copy my Leo tree to another 64 bit
Linux computer and it would run.

People laugh at DOS, but the old WordPerfect 5.1 for DOS that I copied
from computer to computer over the years (I have no idea what became of
the install media) still works, because all you need is a recursive
copy to install it. Or to back it up. Just try that with most software
for modern operating systems.

So congrats on the tree deployment of Leo.

Thanks,

SteveT