On Saturday, November 16, 2013 3:51:43 AM UTC-6, Edward K. Ream wrote:

> 1. When focus is in the tree we could use:
>
> - j: same as Down-Arrow, goto-next-visible
> -k: same as Up-Arrow, goto-prev-visible
> -h: same as Left-Arrow, contract-or-go-left
> -l: same as Right-Arrow, expand-and-go-right

Similarly, the key binding for cut/paste text in the body pane could be
extended to cut/paste nodes when in the outline pane.

> To make this work vc.exec_ will execute a **vim command wrapper**

This term is misleading.  We simply need to execute code in vc.exec_, and
probably k.masterCommandHandler and it's helpers (possibly even
c.doCommand).  These will do whatever is needed to support the *illusion*
that all happens smoothly.  The code outside leoVim.py will simply test
c.vim_mode and call callbacks in c.vimCommands as needed.

It's all straightforward, if a bit kludgy.  That's the situation now ;-)
If you doubt that, just look at k.masterKeyHandler and its helpers.