I like active_path and have used it a fair bit, but I still disable it much
of the time.

Why? because, as intended, it grabs *everything* in the tree, which makes
for a very noisy outline. A standard response for outline noise is to use
clones, and promote the "object to be focussed on" somewhere nice and
clean. However this doesn't work here because a) the path of the node
changes when moved elsewhere, b) clones @file nodes don't work very well
and are recommended against, c) Terry doesn't use clones :)

A someday-maybe remedy for this might be to have something akin to an
@ignore-files and/or @include lists:

[ ] @path b:/code/cool-thing
     [body] In this project we ignore all by default,
     and only include things in active development

    [ ] @ap-ignore-files
        *.*
    [ ] @ap-include-files
        core/*.py
        experiment-3/*

User interface wise, this could be enhanced with a context command / menu
item for "forget this file", "forget this folder", "forget these selected
nodes", etc. which automatically inserts the selection into the ignore list
(and removes from outline).

-matt