On 12/9/2013 7:48 PM, Edward K. Ream wrote:
On Mon, Dec 9, 2013 at 5:45 PM, gatesphere <gatesph...@gmail.com <mailto:gatesph...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    Hi all,

    Is there a minimal Leo-bridge? I.e. just enough of the Leo API to
    read + write outlines, and iterate through nodes, in a way that
    doesn't require a full-blown installation of Leo?

The leo.core.leoBridge module pulls in only as much as needed. In particular, the leoBridge.initLeo method imports less than I would have expected.

Having said that, it seems clear that if you get a commander from the bridge, you will have had to init the Commands class, and that necessarily pulls in all of Leo's subcommanders, which includes just about all of Leo's core.

Why do you ask?

Edward

Long-term forward thinking involving my 'silica' musical modeling language I've mentioned before. I'd like to use .leo files as a sort of state-of-the-world thing (akin to smalltalk world images).

The following is all the *real* functionality I need:

commander:
c.all_positions()
c.all_unique_positions()
c.config -- *just* the getBool, getString, etc. methods, and scoped only to the local file... could be implemented completely around c.all_unique_positions()

positions:
p.h, p.b, p.v, p.u
p.insertAsNthChild()

vnodes:
v.h, v.b, v.u
v.insertAsNthChild()

Leo itself would be a full-blown GUI option, but just as a file format, .leo outlines with a minimal API would provide a *lot* of groundwork. Perhaps I can hack something together that wouldn't depend on Leo's core...

-->Jake