Hi,

El 07/01/14 15:09, Terry Brown escribió:
On Tue, 07 Jan 2014 14:37:17 -0500
Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas <off...@riseup.net> wrote:

which is a Leo notebook having all my research notes for my phD (and now
I'm unable to open it).

Which, as you probably know, is because it has merge conflict markers
in it?  They would break JSON or YAML too.  The VCS should let you undo
the merge attempt.

Well, thats was my idea. Going back on history until having a properly readable version of Leo, and I still keep writing on Leo, with the confidence of version control.

Yes, reading XML is unpleasant and best avoided, and YAML is easier to
read, but Leo's file format isn't really intended to be human
readable.  If your content is in @auto or @file nodes in human readable
formats like .txt and .rst, reading the merge conflicts wouldn't be too
bad.

Sure, reading the the flat output of Leo is not the problem and I'm able to read it. Is Leo metastructure what I want to recover and where flat output is just a "pale subproduct". Deep notes under @ignore-rst that contain my annotations and are not part of the "surface" writing at the end. I will be able to recover them, but I think that YAML is a good way to have a human and machine friendly data serialization format for Leo trees without sacrificing anything and a real good step towards a distributed Leo. I will make some test and I will share them back.

Cheers,

Offray