On Tue, Apr 15, 2014 at 7:12 PM, Todd Mars <tamn...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Howdy,
> Is there an easy way to get section numbers so that output from rst is for
> example:
>
> 1 node
> 1.a first child of node 1
> 1.b second child of node 1
> 2
> 2.a.1
> 2.a.2 second child of first child of node 2
>
> etc?
> (I'm not sure what these things are called, I omitted the bodies etc.)
> How about indenting?

Well, I only been using Leo for a few days and rst3 only a couple of times
(just the rst3 tutorial and leoDocs) but I've used Sphinx quite a bit (not
so much just raw docutils).

Docutils has
http://docutils.sourceforge.net/docs/ref/rst/directives.html#automatic-section-numbering

Sphinx has section numbering via the :numbered: option to
http://sphinx-doc.org/markup/toctree.html#directive-toctree

I've never tried it but I presume you just use the sectnum directive
(docutils) or the toctree directive with :numbered: option (sphinx).