On Sat, 10 May 2014 04:08:16 -0700 (PDT)
Marc van Grootel <marc.van.groo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I tried posting before but something must've gone wrong as I can't
> find a trace of it on the list.

It came through ok - sometimes I don't see things I've posted either,
it can be a bit random.

You could use a command like this:

for nd in p.self_and_subtree():
    lines = nd.b.split('\n')

    for n in range(len(lines)):
        if lines[n].startswith('.. NODE-ID: '):
            break
    else:
        lines.extend(['', ''])
        n = len(lines) - 1

    lines[n] = '.. NODE-ID: %s' % nd.v.gnx
    nd.b = '\n'.join(lines)

c.redraw()

that would add

.. NODE-ID: tbrown.20140224093559.11864

to all node bodies, updating it as needed, when you re-rerun the
script, that is.

Not sure if that exactly answers your question, but it is probably the
simplest approach to what I think you're asking.

Cheers -Terry

> Recently I started using Leo on a documentation project so I'm mainly
> usfor nd in p.self_and_subtree():
    lines = nd.b.split('\n')

    for n in range(len(lines)):
        if lines[n].startswith('.. NODE-ID: '):