On Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 1:26 PM,  <duf...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have just installed the latest Linux Mint (v17, Mate), and it's the first
> Linux installation that I am actually planning to use, after having tried
> and tested many other distros.

This has been an interesting discussion.  Thanks for all the comments.

Both Linux and Windows have their respective strengths and weaknesses.
Imo, it's natural to use both.

The key point, from my point of view, is that it is possible to use
the same (console-oriented) work flow on both platforms.  I encourage
you to play with Leo on Linux.  Once you have Leo installed properly,
updating Leo with git should be a snap on either platform.