I just wrote a script that searches for 'regexp="\\' in all leo\modes files.

In most cases, the backslash that starts the regex is a "real" backslash,
but there are problems in two colorizer files: modes/md.py (markdown) and
modes/moin.py.

Here is the list rules with a backslash as a leadin character when another
character would (probably!) be correct:

===== md.py
    [ \t] leadins: rules: 8,20,24,25(?),50,51
    [ ] leadins: rules: 23,46,49
    [=-] leadins: rules: 21,47
    [\\_] leadins: rules: 54,55
    # leadins: rule: 22
    other leadins (possibly many): rules: 7,12,19,53

===== moin.py
    [ \t] leadin: rule 3.
    single-quote leadin: rule 6.

Does anyone care that these rules aren't firing?

Edward

P.S.  I'll probably attempt a fix anyway.  None of the rules are probably
firing at present, so futzing by hand isn't likely to be dangerous,
provided that there are no syntax errors and pylint -m will check for that.

EKR