This is for further reference and some more information on how we could fix
the "hang up" fix.

I was recently 'fighting' against pyqt way of executing code (will stop
everything when a new GUI opens to, for instance, ask the user for input)
versus Kivy (code goes on running, the programmer defines what happens when
the user closes such a dialogue).

My conclusion after reading for a while, was that to avoid this behaviour
the execution of the code within pyqt must be threaded, or the GUI will
hang, as it happens now.

So according to what I learned, this should just be fixed by the code
calling exec through threading instead of directly, like this:

from threading import Thread

def threaded_function(arg):
    exec(script_we_got_from_a_node)

thread = Thread(target = threaded_function, args = ())
thread.start()

I got that code from here,in stackoverflow
<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2905965/creating-threads-in-python>.
Disclaimer: Not sure this will work, but its the first thing I would try.