On Sat, 16 Aug 2014 10:47:35 -0400
gatesphere <gatesph...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 8/16/2014 6:42 AM, Edward K. Ream wrote:
> > On Fri, Aug 15, 2014 at 7:48 AM, Jacob Peck <gatesph...@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> Done as of the current commit.  Leo now reports the following on
> >> startup:
> >>
> >> Leo 4.11 final, build 20140815084439, Fri Aug 15 08:44:39 2014
> >>
> >> Git repo info: branch = master, commit = 2cda89f4411b
> >>
> >> Python 2.7.6, PyQt version 4.8.5
> >> Windows 7 x86 (build 6.1.7601) SP1
> > Thanks Jake.  I installed the git hooks, but got this error:
> >
> > error: cannot spawn .git/hooks/pre-commit
> >
> > Googling this message produced some answers, but I'm not sure how
> > they apply to me ;-(
> >
> > Any advice for me?
> >
> > Edward
> >
> What's your environment?  Windows?  Are you using cygwin, msys, or
> the git for windows shell?  Or are you using the github app?
>
> In cygwin they work without a hitch.  For other environments, I
> suggest that you make sure C:\path\to\python.exe is in your path, and
> you may have to mangle the shebang lines of .git/hooks/pre-commit and
> .git/hooks/commit-msg.  Perhaps even moving them to pre-commit.py and
> commit-msg.py, and then writing a small script
>
> #!/bin/sh
> /c/path/to/python.exe pre-commit.py

This is exactly what I got from google too, except hopefully just
#!/bin/sh
python pre-commit.py

will work, or the script will have to work out which OS it's on and
find python the appropriate way.  The hooks are supposed to by py3
compatible but I haven't checked that for sure, that could also be an
issue, if py3 is your default on Windows.

But I think the core of the solution is to make the hooks bash scripts
which invoke the .py files as Jake says - I'm trying to rebuild my home
PC at the moment and it's not going well, otherwise I'd try it.

Cheers -Terry