Edward, yes, the worst part of those kind of nodes is waiting for it to
load when you are actually going to other node, or when you want to run a
script on them but not read them.

Actually, just some short of "loading paused" button instead of a node
body, such as when you click it, the node body will load, would be enough.

This way, you could still select given node to run scripts on it, but it
wouldn't load the body/text unless you click the button.

If, on top of that solution, there is a "send to clipboard" option too, it
would make mostly unnecessary even to load given nodes into Leo text
widget, and you would still have most of any desired functionality (that I
can think of).

Because with those two described options, you can quickly edit them with
your scripts, or copy and paste them in another editor to edit/view them.
And you still can use Leo to keep / organize your information.