On Mon, Sep 8, 2014 at 9:49 PM, Edward K. Ream <edream...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've just pushed a cleanup of Leo's qt tree code in qt_tree.py.  The new
> code eliminates the the BaseNativeTreeWidget class and moves all the
> functional code from the BaseNativeTreeWidget class to the LeoQtTree class,
> eliminating code that existed only to be over-ridden.  Sheesh.
>
> LeoQtTree is now a subclass of the LeoTree class (defined in leoFrame.py)
> as it should be.
>
> This continues the drive to eliminate unnecessary levels of redirection in
> the code.  I used to quote this saying, "there is no problem in computer
> science that can't be cured by one more level of indirection."  The snappy
> rejoinder was, "except for too many levels of indirection!" Indeed, I would
> modify the saying as follows: "Any more than one level of indirection is
> too many."  This might go too far in the other direction, but I think it is
> a better guide :-)
>
> I don't expect any problems with the new code because it consisted mostly
> of moving nodes around! The only tricky part was merging the ctors...
>
> All seems well, but please report any problems immediately.
>
> pulled but still stuck on this, any ideas?:
 ./launchLeo.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./launchLeo.py", line 8, in <module>
    leo.core.runLeo.run()
  File "/home/emacs/build/leo-editor/leo/core/runLeo.py", line 81, in run
    g.app.loadManager.load(fileName,pymacs)
  File "/home/emacs/build/leo-editor/leo/core/leoApp.py", line 1959, in load
    ok = lm.doPostPluginsInit()
  File "/home/emacs/build/leo-editor/leo/core/leoApp.py", line 2298, in
doPostPluginsInit
    c1 = lm.openEmptyWorkBook()
  File "/home/emacs/build/leo-editor/leo/core/leoApp.py", line 2353, in
openEmptyWorkBook
    c = lm.loadLocalFile(fn,gui=g.app.gui,old_c=None)
  File "/home/emacs/build/leo-editor/leo/core/leoApp.py", line 2549, in
loadLocalFile
    c = lm.openFileByName(fn,gui,old_c,previousSettings)
  File "/home/emacs/build/leo-editor/leo/core/leoApp.py", line 2577, in
openFileByName
    previousSettings=previousSettings)
  File "/home/emacs/build/leo-editor/leo/core/leoApp.py", line 992, in
newCommander
    return
leoCommands.Commands(fileName,relativeFileName,gui,previousSettings)
  File "/home/emacs/build/leo-editor/leo/core/leoCommands.py", line 88, in
__init__
    c.finishCreate()
  File "/home/emacs/build/leo-editor/leo/core/leoCommands.py", line 335, in
finishCreate
    c.frame.finishCreate()
  File "/home/emacs/build/leo-editor/leo/plugins/qt_frame.py", line 2193,
in finishCreate
    f.createSplitterComponents()
  File "/home/emacs/build/leo-editor/leo/plugins/qt_frame.py", line 2206,
in createSplitterComponents
    f.body  = LeoQtBody(f,None)
  File "/home/emacs/build/leo-editor/leo/plugins/qt_frame.py", line 1435,
in __init__
    self.set_widget()
  File "/home/emacs/build/leo-editor/leo/plugins/qt_frame.py", line 1482,
in set_widget
    self.colorizer = leoColorizer.LeoQtColorizer(c,self.wrapper.widget)
  File "/home/emacs/build/leo-editor/leo/core/leoColorizer.py", line 2398,
in __init__
    if isinstance(widget,QtGui.QTextEdit):
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'QTextEdit'

Thanks.