On Tuesday, September 16, 2014 2:47:32 PM UTC-5, Edward K. Ream wrote:

> The effect of the new leoSettings.leo is that:
>
> 1. All parts of @data qt-gui-plugin-style-sheet can, in effect, be
> modified "from afar" using traditional Leo settings like @color, @font etc.
>
> 2. There is no great need for different versions of the settings that
> differ only in font size.  Changing just a few font-related settings  will
> suffice to make most of Leo usable for newbies, and everyone else.
>
> The last piece of the puzzle is the style-reload command.

The first version of this command now works at rev dcac481.

Suppose you have the following @button node:

    @button reload-styles
    c.k.simulateCommand('style-reload')

And suppose you have the following setting in your local @setting tree::

    @string font-size = 12pt

Change the setting to 10pt (or 14pt), click the button, and see what
happens :-)

Edward

P.S.  Terry, the new code just looks for @qt-gui-plugin-style-sheet and
@data qt-gui-plugin-style-sheet by calling

    c.config.getData('qt-gui-plugin-style-sheet') and
    c.config.getData('qt-gui-user-style-sheet')

(with appropriate args so leading #'s are not treated as comments!)

The present code doesn't deal with themes, although there is some commented
out that hints about what might be done.

Imo, it's time to simplify how themes get specified, but we'll have to
discuss this...

EKR