On Fri, Sep 19, 2014 at 9:25 PM, lewis <lewisn...@operamail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the quick fix.

It is I who should be thanking you :-)

Now that it is so much easier to run pylint on a group of files, it
has become important to fix as many pylint errors as possible.  This
entails a risk of breaking code, especially since I usually can't
resist "cleaning" code in other ways.  I am well aware of the risk,
but imo the risk is worthwhile, especially since a so-called alpha
release is coming next.

> With leo running the only documentation in Leo is via Plugins>bigdash.py
> which displays:
>
>  Leo.plugins.bigdash
>  Global search window
>  To use full text search, you need to install Whoosh library ('easy_install
> Whoosh'). The fts_max_hits setting controls the maximum hits returned.

Right.  Yesterday was the first time I used the bigdash plugin, and it
took me awhile to discover  the global-search command.  I'll amend the
docstring today.  It must also emphasize that the inner "help" command
is the way to restore the original appearance of the dashboard.

> Also there is no listing of bigdash at http://leoeditor.com/plugins.html

Good catch.  I'll fix this today as well.

> I tried the Help for Command (F11)  in the Minibuffer but it returns
> bigdash.py no docstring available.

bigdash.py is not a command.  F11 global-search returns an inadequate docstring.

And the help-for-command command puts the focus in the wrong place.  Sheesh.

> Even for the well documented plugin mod_http.py F11 only returns:
> mod_http.py
> no docstring available

I'll see if I can extend the help-for-command to cover modules as well.