On Thu, 2 Oct 2014 08:55:17 -0700
Matt Wilkie <map...@gmail.com> wrote:

> So here's my over the top blue sky wish for lazy web: Someone please
> make a OneNote-like application with Leo under the hood. I'm greedy,
> wanting to have my cake and eat it too.

Just pushed a fix to graphcanvas, broken by the newish
  from leo.core.leoQt import QtConst, QtCore, QtGui, uic
restructure.

It can display nodes on a graph as boxes, ovals, diamonds, and
text-only.

Also, it can display a node as an image (path in first line of body),
or display the node as its body text rather than head text.

Also, there's an odd "table" node display mode, which just means all
the child nodes are moved with the parent node.  It could be more
orthogonal to the other modes, but it's somewhat useful for UML type
display similar to
https://www.clear.rice.edu/comp212/01-fall/labs/14/reader.png

And of course whenever you click on a node the corresponding tree item
is selected along with its body text in the body editor.

So, it's something that could be extended in the direction you're
talking about, if I understand what you're talking about :-)