We should test disabling 'leo-install.py' in setup.py. I'm not sure the
rewrite launchers hack is still necessary, and may be causing harm .The
link quoted in docstring doesn't mention it.

...hmm, it was me that added it!
https://github.com/leo-editor/leo-editor/commit/dda7e85c1635ef2b56ef8526a6d842b2152a139f

Looks like the intended purpose (on Distutils part) of this feature is for
creating desktop links etc. We're not doing that yet so, no need for the
script (perhaps).

I've run out of time for working on this today. I'll try tomorrow unless
someone beats me to it.

-matt