​​
On Fri, Jan 30, 2015 at 4:25 PM, Kent Tenney <kten...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Leo's richer interface makes it less obvious what it would look like.
>
> Where would you expect Leo to put the rendering?
> - split the edit pane (shrinking the active one)
> - create a child
> - create a sibling
> - use a new log pane
> - pop up like stickynotes

​Exactly.  I hadn't thought of all these options.  Thanks for mentioning
them.

Using the viewrendered pane seems the natural place to render (view) the
results of executing scripts.  The vr pane is already the place to view the
contents of the body pane.

Using a new log pane or the stickynotes window would work, but using the vr
pane seems more consistent.  And the vr pane is, by default, essentially a
split of the body pane, shrinking the active one.

Imo, it would be strange to put a view into a node (child or sibling).
Usually, nodes contain data: they are part of the model in the MVC
architecture.

In any case, new code will be required to capture and render the output of
execute-script, regardless of where the rendering winds up.