Try this:
1) Create a new @clean Some.txt node
2) Add the unicode division symbol (÷ on Windows ALT<246>).
3) Save, close and reopen the file.
4) The ÷ symbol has now been changed to ÷ for some reason.

On a larger scale, I tried saving a larger .txt file containing all of my
shortcuts to various unicode characters using an @clean node. The Leo file
wouldn't even open as it choked reading the file. Hope that helps.