If you aren't using the @data history-list setting chances are that you
missing a big chance to simplify your workflow. At one time I thought the
history list was a minor feature.  I could not have been more wrong.

The body of the @data history-list node should contain a list of command
names, one per line.  This list can include commands created by
@command/@button nodes.

You execute items in the history list by doing Alt-X followed by an up
arrow to get the first item in the list, or one or more down arrows to get
later items in the list.  The last item you execute from this list goes to
the head of the list.  Once you have executed an item, Ctrl-P (repeat
complex command) will re-execute it.

The history list is perfect for commands that aren't quite worth a separate
key binding, but that nevertheless you find you using quite often.

Even better, the history list is a perfect complement to @button and
@command nodes that are tailored for a particular outline. For example,
there is a button called cfa-code in leoPy.leo that executes the
clone-find-all-flattened command starting at the top-level "Code" node.