On Wed, 26 Aug 2015 06:17:19 -0700 (PDT)
Todd Mars <tamn...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have some trouble because I had to downgrade py to 2.7 to use npm,
> so: (now I have py33 and py27 on the 'puter)
> 1) Is it necessary to uninstall old version of Leo to install new
> version? 2) To run Leo I use cmd and change folder to:
>  C:\Python33\Lib\site-packages\Leo-4.11-final
>  Then I execute this: \python33\python launchleo.py

I don't see any particular problems with your approach.  I've never
installed to site-packages, when you try the latest version personally
I would either use git or just unpack the plain .zip version
https://github.com/leo-editor/leo-editor/archive/master.zip
somewhere convenient and proceed as above, cd'ing to the folder
containing launchLeo.py

PyQt installations are specific to the Python version you run, so I
have Python 2.7 / PyQt 4.x and Python 3.4 / PyQt 5.x, and there's only
ever been one version of Leo for both 2.x and 3.x

The one place you could hit trouble is with pickled attributes in some
plugin attributes, there was an issue with todo.py and dates for a
while, but I think it's fixed now.

Cheers -Terry