On Tuesday, September 1, 2015 at 7:17:17 AM UTC-4, Geoff Evans wrote:

> So before even the Tutorial (which is still basically about How rather
> than What and Why) I envisage a section built around people's needs and
> indicating how they would go about meeting them with Leo.  Something like
> (trying to use the format in Jacob Peck's scripting example):

I think this is crucially important to Leo's future. We need a way to
disseminate the challenges people have and how they use Leo to tackle that
challenge. In many cases I would hope that videos can be created. It's nice
to show how features work but even better to show a workflow of "I had this
type of information and this is how I used Leo to organize it, manipulate
it and get what I needed from it".

> @bool split_direction = vertical

Can the community take a vote on how many people use the vertical split (or
would want to if they didn't know about it)? My guess is that it's the
majority, which would indicate that it needs to be vertical by default.

> Okay, that's enough ignorant comment from me.  People who really know Leo
> can correct all the mistakes I've made and add more and better treats and
> examples.
> One other thought:  there are places where the documentation has "Go here
> for help" links.  If they were to point to the leo-editor-users group,
> rather than leo-editor, people might be less inhibited about using them.
>  It would feel less like interrupting the work of the developers.

I think you've done a good job of presenting a hole in how Leo is marketed.
After some thought and some offline discussion with Geoff I'm not a full
supporter of a users forum because I think without fail posts and attention
will get split between the users and original, but I think his feelings of
being a little put off of "Rev XXXXXX" and "traceback" that are justified.
For the documentation it is probably nicer for new users to point to users
as more a help forum.