On Friday, December 25, 2015 at 12:00:44 PM UTC-5, Edward K. Ream wrote:

> In the last few days I have begun to understand pyinstaller.  Depending on
> the generate_folder switch, launchLeo.spec now generates either:
>
> 1. a single file, Leo.exe, containing *everything* needed for Leo, or,
> 2. a folder containing Leo.exe and everything else needed.

It appears that case 1. suffices.  This is excellent news.  During startup,
the loader unpacks all data files into a known temp location.  In fact
g.app.loadDir gets set to this location, so everything in Leo just works.
True, curdir does not get set to this location, but that doesn't matter
much: Leo's commands that open .leo files work just fine.

In short, just downloading Leo.exe (or the equivalents on Linux and MacOS)
is all that newbies need to do to try out Leo.  I'll be working on the
Linux and MacOS versions when I return home in a few weeks. I plan to
upload Leo.exe in the next day or so.