On Fri, 25 Mar 2016 15:34:01 -0500
"Edward K. Ream" <edream...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm working on the viewrendered (vr) plugin as we speak.  The
> viewrendered pane now handles url links properly.  That is, you can
> single-click links. This has been broken basically forever.
>
> Also, vr now handles @language reasonably, and degrades more
> gracefully if either the docutils (for rST) or markdown modules are
> missing.
>
> I'll be retiring the viewrendered2 plugin asap, folding whatever
> features it might still uniquely provide into vr.

That's great - just a note that the viewrendered pane shouldn't be a
singleton... you could have a particular instance bound to
`hide-viewrendered` etc. etc., but you be able to have more than one
viewrendered pane viewing different things at different times.  This
functionality has existed to various degrees at various times, but
might be a bit fragile.  For one thing it implies some vr panes track
the current tree position and some don't.

Let me know if I can help with any of the free_layout related aspects.