The new code seems to get the lockouts right, at long last.  However, this
is fantastically complicated code. Please test it and report any problems
immediately. The code should be tested for a full week before releasing
5.3-b1.

>From the checkin log:

The most important changes:
1. c.selectPosition checks cc.selectChapterLockout.
2. onIndexChanged in qt_frame.py does *not* set cc.selectChapterLockout.
3. Only selectChapterByName calls c.redraw.
4. Chapter.unselect does *not* call c.redraw.
5. The chapter-select command warns on non-existent chapter names.

It looks like point 1 pretty much guarantees that unbounded recursions
can't happen.  All previous recursions involved that path.

For the first time, the "plain" chapter-select command warns about
non-existent chapter names.  Automatically creating an @chapter node would
be unwise. Oh, I suppose a popup could ask if you really meant to create an
@chapter node, but life is too short for such endless "improvements".  If
you want a new chapter, create one yourself.

I tested the code by selecting chapters in various orders, using both the
chapter-select command and the dropdown Chapters box in the icon area.