On Mon, May 9, 2016 at 4:08 PM, Edward K. Ream <edream...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a new, all solid-state Windows 10 machine.  Moving files and
> housecleaning was "interesting".  I learned a lot about Windows 10, much of
> it useful.

​A couple of notes about the process:

1. Windows 10 has an excellent "reset" function, that will restore the
machine to its original condition, with or without user data.  That, plus a
post run of cipher /W:c should ensure that not even the NSA could recover
any previous data.

2. Moving to a new machine was a great opportunity for house-cleaning :-) A
full sync would have been faster, but less enlightening.

EKR