yes, this would work if the interface to and behaviour of QtWebEngineWidgets and QtWebKitWidgets is identical, but i don't know.

On 13/7/16 8:20 PM, rengel wrote:

    yes. i'm aware of what causes the issue. what i want to know is
    what's
    happening with it being resolved?

    the renderer needs to be fixed to support QtWebEngine, as john lunzer
    points out above, so that it will work on pyqt 5.6 and above.

    does anyone know if this is being fixed?

Well, I don't know, if it this is being fixed, but I know, how this can be fixed:
In leoQt.py outcomment and insert the following lines:

    try:
        # from PyQt5 import QtWebKit
        from PyQt5 import QtWebEngineCore as QtWebKit
    except ImportError:
        QtWebKit = None
    try:
        #import PyQt5.QtWebKitWidgets as QtWebKitWidgets
        import PyQt5.QtWebEngineWidgets as QtWebKitWidgets
        QtWebKitWidgets.QWebView = QtWebKitWidgets.QWebEngineView
    except ImportError:
        QtWebKitWidgets = None

At least, this allows me to show the viewrendered pane. If there are other implications, I don't know.

Reinhard

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "leo-editor" group. To unsubscribe from this topic, visit https://groups.google.com/d/topic/leo-editor/J_wVIzqQzXg/unsubscribe. To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to leo-editor+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com <mailto:leo-editor+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>. To post to this group, send email to leo-editor@googlegroups.com <mailto:leo-editor@googlegroups.com>.