Over the past couple of years I have begun to see Leo as an outlining
editor that can emulate every editor and every outliner out there. Every
time I try to narrow Leo's spot in in my toolchain, it widens and another
dedicated tool passes on.

The recent discussion about paring Leo down to a plugin for a text editor
 really brought this into focus for me. I think what users are looking for
here is a Leo where the text edit box looks and acts like their editor du
jour. Focusing on learning markdown and restructured text really focused me
on how little I need to learn and how unimportant formatting WHILE writing
fiction and non-fiction truly is.

What wins are the words. The writing is organized. Leo makes sure of that.

So after all this time, I load up a different editor for evaluation (Visual
Code, which seems to be atom designed by grown-ups) and find myself missing
Leo's text box, my abbreviations and my organizer file. Now atom or code
becomes the whizzy plug-in material for Leo to wrap. But at that point, why
bother. Why not just emulate as was done with vim? Any tool that would or
could be classed as outliner or editor can be emulated by Leo.

So why bother writing new editors when you could emulate one in Leo?

Pondering onward,

Chris