On Thursday, September 22, 2016 at 9:43:29 AM UTC-5, Edward K. Ream wrote:

> #304 <https://github.com/leo-editor/leo-editor/issues/304> describes this
> problem.  It's bugging me, and there is no obvious solution.

Rev 69c3201
<https://github.com/leo-editor/leo-editor/commit/69c3201b715c9716cf3053ae9ac49ff79e48a083>

is a better workaround. It leaves leoQt.py unchanged. The viewrendered.py
and bigdash.py plugins now use QTextBrowser widgets instead of QWebView
widgets when using PyQt5 on Windows.

Apparently, instantiating a QWebView holds the cache open. The workaround
degrades the vr and bigdash plugins, but imo that is preferable to the
messages appearing in the console.

This was the last known bug in Leo! I'll be working on preparing Leo 5.4b1
for distribution next.

EKR