Up until today, I have always tested for an empty string using not
s.strip().  But Doh, this is an unnecessary stress on the GC.
`s.isspace()` much faster and more pythonic.

Rev 2de4669c replaces `(id).strip()` with `not id.isspace()` everywhere in
the Import class, removing `not not` in two or three places.

This regex makes the substitution safely:

      Find:   ([\w_\.]+)\.strip\(\)
      To:      not \1.isspace()

At one point I thought I had found a bug, but "correcting" it caused a unit
test to fail. Indeed, i.post_pass moves *whitespace* from p to back. A new
comment should avoid future confusion.  All unit tests pass again.

It would be suicidal to attempt to make this changes in Leo's core--Leo's
unit tests are not nearly good enough to catch blunders.  However, this is
an important change to make for the importers, and now is the time to make
it while everything is in flux.