      From: Israel Hands <alist...@mcgh.ee>
 To: leo-editor <leo-editor@googlegroups.com>
Cc: terry_n_br...@yahoo.com
 Sent: Tuesday, December 20, 2016 10:01 AM
 Subject: Re: Org Mode File - Node sorted by time stamp

Thanks Terry and Rob!
I realise I wasn't clear enough in my original post. Org mode allows todo items
to be entered into a file in any order but they can include a timestamp of
their 'scheduled' time (and indeed a separate deadline timestamp).  In the
orgmode Agenda view the items are then inserted in to a linear calendar,
turning the unordered org file into a powerful calendar/todo list.
So one of my org mode items is -  Breakfast with James - it has a scheduled
time and I have chosen to set a deadline.  When I choose Agenda view in orgmode
I see the item has a deadline in today's date and the item itself appears in
the calendar for tomorrow.Imported into leo I get a nice node with the headline
- Breakfast with James -  and the body text is the two time stamps - the
deadline is Tuesday the 20th (to remind me it is tomorrow) and then the
scheduled time of the event Wednesday the 21st at 10am.  The node body looks
like this =
   DEADLINE: <2016-12-20 Tue 09:00><2016-12-21 Wed 10:00>
However the nodes are listed according to their place in the orgmode file (in
creation order) rather than schedule order. I guess it would require digging
out these scheduled times and maybe writing them into the header which would
then make it easy to sort the nodes.
Anyway thanks for your attention.IH