On Thu, Jan 12, 2017 at 10:13 AM, 'Terry Brown' via leo-editor <
leo-editor@googlegroups.com> wrote:

​> ​
Can you check that the cache is being hit, by reporting / counting hits?
If it's never being used, or being asked to cache the same values
repeatedly, then some communication issue must be effectively disabling the
cache.  I don't know how much pyzo relies on it for speed, but a broken
cache could certainly slow things down.

​Here is the good bits from the checkin log for f0f4b091:

QQQ
The pyzo colorer now is attached directly to Leo's real body pane QTextEdit.
Performance stats are as before. All counts are as expected. A real mystery.
QQQ

Actually, Leo's body text is a QTextBrowser.  Could that make a difference??

I also enabled tracing of events.  There aren't nearly enough to make a
difference.

Something very weird, and very bad, is happening.  When it gets fixed we
will all be much happier.

EKR