On Saturday, January 28, 2017 at 10:34:49 AM UTC-6, Edward K. Ream wrote:

*>> Alas, QsciDocument is not a QTextDocument*

> The real question is whether qsc.colorize can force a full recolor.

No, the proper question to ask is whether pyzo uses QScintilla. In fact, it
does not.  This means that there is no point in trying to do something
heroic with QScintilla.  The QScintilla code is at the end of the line.

As mentioned in another thread, The QScintilla code finally supports many
more lexers.  This will be useful in the (lengthy) interim until the grand
changeover to pyzo-like widgets.

I've just pushed what I think will be the end of the color branch.  I'll
merge it tomorrow after some more testing.