I'm not sure if my problem is due to my system settings or something to do
with Leo, but here goes:

On Linux (Ubuntu 14.04), when I start Leo with Python 3.5, QT 5.6.2, PyQT
5.6.0, dead keys don't work. For example, typing " followed by a space
should give me a double quote, and ' followed by e should give é, etc.

When I start Leo from another Anaconda environment with Python 3.5, QT
4.8.7 and PyQT 4.11.4, dead keys do work.

On Windows 7, using Anaconda with QT 5.6, dead keys do work as expected. So
the problem seems specific to Linux with qt5.

I found this QT bug report for the
problem: https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-56452. It says using the
IBus input method is a workaround. But I am already using IBus input
method, as far as I can tell. That is, under Language Support, it says Keyboard
input method system: IBus. The language icon in my system tray is the IBus
icon (like at the bottom of this page for
example: http://pinyinjoe.com/linux/ubuntu-12-chinese-setup.htm).

I also tried creating a user input method configuration via the `im-config`
tool, configured to default to IBus. Same results.

Has anyone encountered this? Any ideas what else to try?

Cheers!

Arjan