I have a problem my hands, and I use speech recognition. NaturallySpeaking
doesn't deal well with QT widgets. Not your problem, but I'm trying to find
some workarounds. Nuance uses something called "dictation box" which takes
a region that is selected via a clipboard copy and puts it in a little
speech recognition friendly window. Then after you finish editing/changing
it restores the content to the selected region with a paste.

With the body window, it works great. I can edit plaintext things
beautifully. However, with nodes, not so much. When the node loses focus,
it's no longer writable so what I end up doing is:

   - double-click the node/section text.
   - Open the dictation box (at this point the node/section editing window
   loses focus and goes away
   - Do my editing/dictation
   - tell the dictation box to transfer the information back,
   - reselect the node/section text
   - paste the results of the dictation box into the node/selection text
   window

is it possible to keep the node/section text focus active while I'm using
dictation box?

Thanks