On Wednesday, February 8, 2017 at 11:37:57 AM UTC-6, Edward K. Ream wrote:

> demo.delete_one_widget would allow complete control [over widget
lifetimes].

Done at eddc6a6.  Here is an example script, which illustrates using
demo.user_dict to communicate between different demo scripts:

    w = image('C:/leo.repo/leo-editor/leo/Icons/SplashScreen.ico')
    demo.retain(w)
    demo.user_dict ['splash'] = w
    demo.delete_one_widget(demo.user_dict.get('splash'))

The to-do list for the demo plugins contains just these items:

- Update the docs
<https://github.com/leo-editor/leo-editor/blob/master/leo/doc/demo.md>.
- Experiment with running demo scripts from Leo's help menu.
- Deprecate the screencast plugin. It's inferior in all respects to demo.py.

Please do play with demo.py and report any problems.

I wont' be adding any Arrow classes just now. Maybe when I have actual need
for same. In fact, there is no great need for any more graphics classes.
Individual demos can easily support new kinds of classes.