​​
On Tue, Feb 28, 2017 at 6:16 AM, Edward K. Ream <edream...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Mon, Feb 27, 2017 at 7:27 PM, lewis <lewisn...@operamail.com> wrote:

>> After the commit ef31ebe7d989 - This button fails:
>> ​ [snip]
>>

> ​g.extractExecutableString needs a rethink.
>>
> ​
Done at Rev 24864e6. It passes all tests, but is more experimental than
usual. Please report any problems immediately.

The new code adds a new g.composeScript helper, called by the
goto-global-line logic. By itself, it's harmless. It's an example of a new
principle for me:

    *Prefer small helpers to keyword arguments*

The effect of this principle is to reduce or eliminate catchall
functions/methods. These are really hard to debug and test.

However, there appear to be problems instantiating supposedly "pristine"
copies of the AtFile class. On closer examination, that's not all that
surprising. The init logic for AtFile does way too much.  I'd rather not
open that can of worms now, but I may not have a choice.

This may be related to Importer unit tests create both @clean and @file
<https://github.com/leo-editor/leo-editor/issues/352>. In my experience,
these supposedly minor problems can be symptoms of far more serious issues.
I must figure out what is happening before 5.5 b1.

As my brother Speed would say, progress is slow but slow ;-)