On Fri, Mar 10, 2017 at 11:02 PM, lewis <lewisn...@operamail.com> wrote:

> I have exactly the same myLeoSettings.leo file on 2 PC's both running
> commit = 51b3d984000e. The selected theme is 'base dark theme'.
>
> On Vista PC with Python 3.5.2, PyQt version 5.6.0 installed, the theme is
> dark all over as expected.
>
> However on win10 PC with Python 3.6.0, PyQt version 5.8.0 installed, the
> outline pane and body panes have a *light background*.  If I select a
> menu bar item, the text displayed is not readable - almost no contrast.

​This happens to me when I forget to disable settings that conflict with
the theme's settings.

The last node of my myLeoSettings.leo file is called "Themes, if any". A
clone of this node appears as the last top-level node of the file.  It
contains all the themes that I am testing.  All but one of those @theme
nodes start with @ignore.

I've made a mini "@theme ekr light" node that contains my "light"
settings.  There are just nodes in the theme, a user style sheet (@data
qt-gui-user-style-sheet) and @string focused-border-unfocus-color =
@solarized-base2

Whenever there is a mystery with themes, use the print-style-sheet command
to see what settings are in effect. The Leo code that composes that style
sheet inserts comments at the head of both the main and user style sheets,
so you can see which settings came from which @data node.

HTH.