On 22/03/17 06:56, Edward K. Ream wrote:
On Tue, Mar 21, 2017 at 9:59 PM, lewis <lewisn...@operamail.com <mailto:lewisn...@operamail.com>> wrote:

    From the Conda.io https://conda.io/docs/install/quick.html
    <https://conda.io/docs/install/quick.html> site:
    /NOTE: If you choose to install the full Anaconda package, it
    requires 3 GB of available disk space./
    Using Miniconda  py3.6 64bit the Binary File is only 57.8 MB.

​Thanks for this. This might be significant for some people​, but I wonder how many.

    Edward - do you have any statistics on how Leo's user base
    installs Leo? Sure the numbers might be meaningless as most git
    downloads are updates, but the knowledge may help guide the
    direction of the install documents.

​There are stats on Leo's download page on SourceForge <https://sourceforge.net/projects/leo/files/Leo/5.5b1/>.​

For me and in this context certainly 60 MB versys 3 GB will be significant. I think that we should not only worry for the current users but about future ones in several places with low connectivity. I would try miniconda first to see how Leo and its dependencies can be packaged there. If that work the same recipes will work with full and big Anaconda installs, but 3 GB is not a prerrequisite to start with Leo, just a possibility.

Cheers,

Offray