On Wed, Mar 22, 2017 at 1:21 PM, 'Terry Brown' via leo-editor <
leo-editor@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 22 Mar 2017 10:37:15 -0500
> "Edward K. Ream" <edream...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > I think Leo will become much more powerful / flexible when it has
> > > multiple node editor components that are free to act on different
> > > parts of the tree.
> >
> > ​Yes.  I was just thinking that a Publish/Subscribe pattern for
> > notifications might be good.
>
> Yep, that's the pattern LEP's using.  I think it's listening to
> bodykey2, which works apart from backspace / delete not generating a
> signal (trivial).  And in the opposite direction, the original body pane
> sees changes to c.p.b immediately, I should work out the mechanism
> behind that.

​After further thought, I see that the problem with the Pub/Sub​

​pattern is that it isn't a good fit for multiple body panes.  Indeed, only
one body pane, the presently selected pane, should "respond" to a change in
c.p.

So there can only be one "subscriber" at a time. This makes the "subscriber
list" not so useful ;-) Sure, there are workarounds, but the pattern is far
from a magic bullet.