On Friday, April 21, 2017 at 10:45:26 AM UTC-4, john lunzer wrote:

> Unless your download was compromised or not downloaded from the official
> miniconda site I'm highly doubtful that the Continuum folks would have let
> any exploits into their software. Make sure you're hitting the official
> site <https://conda.io/miniconda.html> and if you must, do a checksum/MD5
> <https://repo.continuum.io/miniconda/> on the file you downloaded.
>
> There is certainly always the possibility that something malicious slipped
> through or both continuum sites were hacked but I think the odds of that
> are small.
>
> Beyond that I'd do a search for Anaconda/Miniconda and malwarebytes or
> just whitelist Miniconda/python.

Oh yes, I've done all that (official site, checksum etc.) additionally, I
have scanned for potential viruses etc. if I run conda from the command
prompt, it's fine but I can't run it from the Windows start menu. I mostly
chronicling the hurdles I have to jump through to get anything to work.

Now installing PY QT and will see if I can get basic Leo and then the
various linting tools to work.