> On Sat, May 27, 2017 at 12:58 PM, Viktor Ransmayr <
> viktor.ransm...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello Edward,
>>
>> Without anything special noticed an outline turned 'unusable' from one
>> session to the other :-(
>>

> ​Please send the outline. Because sax is complaining, this is unlikely to
> be a problem with external files.

I can send you the 'damaged' outline, but I already verified (see my
initial email) that it only contains lots of 0x00 and finally a 0x0a and a
0x0d character.

Somehow this outline got completely overwritten :-(

But as I said: Without any strange or unexpected behaviour like power
outage, etc.

The problem only showed up during the next usage of the outline in Leo ...

> I'll see what I can see. It would be good to have better messages in this
> kind of (rare) case.​
>

> ​Another possibility: perhaps Leo could write a list of external files
> referenced by the outline, as a kind of fallback.​

I can say that this happens approximately once a year to me - but - only on
my private computer, where I had Windows 8, 8.1 and now Windows 10
installed.

I'm using Leo also at work, where I still use Windows 7 Enterprise - and -
I did not experience such a behaviour in more than 10 years.

With kind regards,

VR