I'm trying to convert the button command I showed earlier into a command I
can invoke by speech recognition (command via minibuffer). Looking through
the documentation, I'm thinking may be an @command node might be one way to
go. I was thinking about running it as a plug-in but I'm missing an example
that lets me create mini buffer commands.

Following one of your previous bits of guidance, I looked at c.extract and
saw a decorator @cmd which apparently create some sort of a command
reference. Reading into the decorator, I am pointed to @g.command and I'm
still not sure if that's the right way to go.

Also, I'm not sure where to put my commands/plug-ins outside of the Leo
hierarchy. Is there a way of specifying a different location for user
created plug-ins/commands?

I'm still struggling figuring out how to include toggle name in this
environment. I think a plug-in is the right way to go because it would give
me the capability of operating either on a node or a hierarchy of nodes.
One thing I need is a way of handling the user interface for matching
string names to codenames.

Ideally, there should be some place for a dialogue where the string name is
displayed and the focus is on the codename field. The simplest would be
something like the Emacs mini buffer interaction for user input.

*strName:* global command name *codeName:*   <- focus here

I don't know what capability Leo has for doing something like this in the
many buffer or if there is a different dialogue/technique I should be
using.