On Fri, Aug 11, 2017 at 3:48 AM, vitalije <vitali...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I would like to eliminate the momentary flash between the calculation of
>> the initial "local" line numbers and the eventual "global" numbers.
>>

> IIRC I have intentionally put some delay in renumbering body, because it
> allows faster moving through the outline when using arrow keys.

​Interesting.​

When inside huge files with more than 4000 lines, renumbering can be
> annoying especially when you just want to pass through some nodes. I have
> put also there some caching, so next visit of already numbered nodes should
> be faster. Maybe it would be good to check if the new recalculated numbers
> are same as in cached version and skip redraw in that case. That should
> remove some flicker. I'll look into immediately.

​Good.
​

> PS: If you have any suggestion or advice for removing flash, please tell.

​How about using "blank" line numbers until the real line numbers can be
shown?  The blanks shouldn't cause flicker while moving quickly among
nodes.  This may require some easy changes to the NumberBar class in
qt_test.py.